Show your Beech Tree pride with Spirit Wear! Our fall Spirit Wear sale starts today and runs through October 26th. This year’s items have an all new design. We have sweatshirts, short- and long-sleeve tees, and our always-popular tie-dye tees. Samples will be displayed in the hall on Chips the Beaver. To order, fill out our order form and send it in to your child’s teacher with a check made payable to Beech Tree PTA. Hurry — this is a limited-time opportunity!
Students, parents, teachers and families are all invited to Beech Tree’s Annual International Night, this Thursday evening, October 18, at 6:00 pm. Help us celebrate the diversity and different cultures that make Beech Tree such a wonderful community.
We will open with a children’s Parade of Nations Fashion Show at 6:30 pm. Children are invited to come in their native dress and parade. All children are welcome to participate. We’ll also have yummy treats from around the world, hear music, and experience how the world celebrates its many wonderful traditions.
Bring a dish or dessert from your country or country you have visited, to share with other Beech Tree Families. Please let us know if you will be coming, so we know how many families to plan for. It will be a great evening celebrating the cultures of the world found right here at Beech Tree!
Here are the flyers from the October 10 Wednesday Folder:
- International Night – English
- International Night – Español
- international Night – Vietnamese
- Family Learning Center Flyers
- Picture Day Order Form
- PTA parent survey request
- Mason District Community Open House – English
- Mason District Community Open House – Español
Como parte del Beech Tree Parent Teacher Asociación (PTA) de extensión, nos gustaría pedirle que complete Ia siguiente encuesta anonima diez cuestión. El objetivo de este studio es aumentar Ia conciencia de los padres del nivel de participación de PTA con su hijo y su /sus estudios y encontrar maneras de mejorar nuestro PTA.
Please join us on Sunday, October 7, from 10:00 am-noon for a meadow planting event organized by the Beech Tree PTA Garden Group. Once again, Earth Sangha has donated hundreds of native plants to add to our hillside meadow and we need your assistance with planting these grasses, wild flowers and trees.
Meet us at the back hillside of the school to give Earth Sangha a warm Beech Tree welcome and show them that we appreciate their previous volunteer work and their extreme generosity! (Assistance with this event can result in community service hours for middle school students and scouting requirements.)
Please note that we will be planting on the side of a steep hill with shovels. This will be difficult for small children.
Contact Mikela Burris with any questions.
Here are the flyers from the Sept. 12 Wednesday Folder:
- Chips’ Chatter Newsletter: English | Español | Vietnamese
- Go Paperless for the Wednesday Folder
- Help Plant Beech Tree’s Meadow
- FLEX Morning French Class
- Ready to Learn Basics
- Clothing Exchange: Page 1 | Page 2
- Annandale Boys and Girls Club Registration
As you know, our big fundraiser at Dogfish Head Alehouse is TOMORROW, Tuesday, September 18, from 11:30 am-11:00 pm. Please encourage family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers to come to Dogfish anytime tomorrow — ALL food and drinks sales will benefit the PTA.
We are still looking for a volunteer to do face painting between 6:00-7:00 pm. If you are willing to paint faces or have an older student who could do it, please let me know at your earliest convenience.
Along with dining out at Dogfish, please plan to stop by the raffle/silent auction. We have a great (and still growing!) list of prizes. Among the generous donations from Beech Tree families, local businesses, and friends are:
- Two tickets to a Capitals game;
- A week-long all-day summer soccer camp for 2013;
- Signed copies of three books by Bob Edwards (formerly of NPR’s “Morning Edition”);
- An outdoor family photo session with a local photographer;
- Gift cards to Target, Dogfish, Petsmart;
- Wine tastings at Cork Restaurant in DC and at The Winery at Bull Run;
- Four tickets to the Big Apple Circus;
- and more!
Other special activities planned include:
- A Teacher Appreciation Hour (with discounted food and drink for teachers and staff) from 4:30-6:00 pm, with Beech Tree teachers and staff as guest bartenders and hosts.
- Children’s entertainment between 6:00-8:00 pm, featuring Teddy the Clown creating balloon sculptures AND face painting from 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Parents “guesting” behind the bar between 8:00-10:00 pm.
- An appearance by “Chips the Beaver.”
- Live music at 8:00 pm — Greg Gaines of the local band Flashback will be performing an acoustic set.
The Rotary Club of Falls Church is seeking nominations for its 1st Annual Citizen of the Year Award. The award is given in recognition of the individual’s leadership and humane qualities.
Nominees must be a Falls Church resident who has provided exemplary service to the community, which includes volunteer work in single or multiple initiatives. Nominations are due September 27.
To nominate an individual for the award, fill out and mail in the Club’s application.
Last year, the Rotary Club of Falls Church provided a generous donation to the new Beech Tree garden.